We are always delighted to hear from ambitious, qualified people who want to join our growing team
If you have a love of lasers and 3D printing, and are excited about engineering then why not come and work with us. No two days are ever the same and we promise you’ll never get bored. Just ask our staff – many of them have been with us since the start, and some who left to gain experience elsewhere missed us so much they came back.
Role: Technical Support Engineer
Department: 3D Printing
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company bonus
- Company car
- Mobile phone
Laser Lines has been established for over 40 years as a distributor of rapid prototyping systems and lasers. Day- to-day duties as a Technical Support Engineer include:
- Visiting customers (UK and Ireland) and ensuring the best possible service
- Understanding the requirements prior to your visit and ensuring you have relevant parts
- To make sure that every effort is made to complete your visit in a timely manner
- Complete engineers reports and SAP database after every job
As a Technical Support Engineer you need to fully understand customer expectations and ensure they are always carried out within the Company’s guidelines and represent the Company in a professional manner. You will communicate with customers to inform them of your estimated time of arrival.
You will be covering UK and Ireland and due to travelling, some overnight stays are required paid for by the Company. At the beginning you will need to attend supplier training courses in Europe or America to be certified, enabling you to work on their machines.
When not visiting customers, you will be based in the Banbury office.
To be suitable for this role as you must have an electrical and mechanical engineering background and be computer literate.
Role: Technical Sales Engineer
Department: Industrial Laser Processing
- Competitive Salary with monthly bonus based on sales performance
- Company Car
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Company Pension
- Working with a wide range of advanced laser marking technologies the candidate will visit UK based customers to establish their requirements.
- Performing laser marking trials to establish the most suitable technology and to demonstrate the quality and speed of marking that a customer can expect to achieve.
- Compiling detailed reports and system proposals for customers to define a system that will fully meet their requirements.
- Liaising with customers at every level (including engineers, management and directors), to create confidence and to put forward a strong proposal that fully addresses all the requirements of a customer.
- Generating new business and enquiries and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers and partners.
- Representing Laser Lines at trade events and exhibitions around the UK.
- Working as part of a small team to develop and grow new business in both established industries and new business sectors.
- Contributing towards the sales and marketing strategy within the company, as part of a close working team.
- Scope to also work with a wider range of laser applications, through work with a wide range of UK industrial sectors.
- A strong driven sales professional, who inspires confidence in those they deal with.
- Confident and capable of dealing with customers and listening to and picking up what they really need.
- Self-motivated individual, happy to work under their own initiative and as part of a team – and also to follow outlined business plans.
- Happy to travel around the UK and Ireland, visiting customers and supporting partner companies.
- Ideally office based in Banbury (when not out visiting customers), but would be some opportunities to work from home occasionally.
- Happy to occasionally perform ‘hands on’ work and perform demonstrations both on-site and at the Laser Lines headquarters in Banbury.
- Capable of contributing to the company’s plans with ideas and working as part of a small team to help build the business.
- A record that demonstrates they are capable of successfully performing this role.
How to Apply:
To apply please send your letter of application and CV to Christopher Ogden – Laser Division Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications to be received by the 31st August 2019.