ULYXE DPSS Laser Marker
The ULYXE is a 6W fully integrated DPSS laser marking system designed with a small footprint and cost-effectiveness in mind. Suitable for both stand-alone applications but can also be suitable for integration into industrial production lines the ULYXE is an excellent all-round marking system.
As a DPSS laser with a 1064nm output the ULYXE is a great choice for marking applications across a wide range of materials. The ULYXE can achieve fast and high-quality marking on common engineering metals such as stainless steel, aluminium and titanium, as well as more exotic materials such as tungsten carbide and Inconel. However, the ULYXE is not limited to marking on metals, with high contrast marking possible on a variety of plastic materials, the ULYXE is a great option for customers with both narrow and varied application requirements.
ULYXE Key Features and Benefits
- 6W DPSS laser, with 12kW peak power.
- Small footprint for easy integration
- Suitable for the high speed marking of metals and plastics
- Non-contact marking for faster set up
- Excellent return on investment
- Easy to use software
With it’s cost effective approach to laser marking the ULYXE is particularly suited to entry level laser marking applications where it may be replacing an older legacy method of marking, such as dot peening or vibro-etching. The non-contact marking that the ULYXE offers has considerable process benefits over more traditional methods, which require long set up times and the clamping of parts.
The ULYXE utilises the powerful Lighter software from Datalogic to program the laser marking. This software has built in functions for 1D barcodes, DataMatrix and 2D codes, consecutive number generation for serial numbers, the ability to import images and logos and many more functions required for a wide range of marking applications.
- Laser Marking
- Diode-Pumped Solid-State Lasers, are a well developed and reliable technology that offers strong levels of efficiency together with compact build designs. DPSS lasers have now replaced flash lamp laser technologies for most industrial and scientific applications. The use of a Diode Module to pump an Nd:YAG or Nd:YVO4 crystal, creates a light wavelength of 1064nm, although by changes within the resonator design a range of lower wavelengths can also be created, that can be useful for scientific laser applications and for industrial marking applications on troublesome plastic and glass materials. DPSS lasers are one of the most popular laser technologies due to efficiency, reliability and flexibility. Compact low maintenance systems with long-life diode modules Available from low power milliwatt systems up to high power kilowatt systems DPSS Lasers can be configured to deliver a wide variety of different wavelengths DPSS lasers continue to be one of the most popular and widely used laser technologies that can offer high power levels with good beam quality. They can also be configured as milliwatt lasers with very high beam qualities for scientific applications and for pointer diodes etc. DPSS lasers boast some useful technical advantages that are often overlooked for industrial applications in favour of fibre lasers - for example the ability to deliver very short nanosecond pulses, that allows high peak powers to be delivered at high repetition rates, with minimal thermal input. This can make DPSS lasers superior to standard fibre lasers for plastic marking and other heat sensitive applications. The capability to use DPSS lasers systems in continuous wave CW and pulsed modes, and at high repetition rates means that for industrial applications they can be used for a whole host of different processes, including laser cutting, welding, hardening, cladding and laser marking still one of their most popular uses . The larger beam size created in high power diode lasers along with the excellent power distribution means they are a more natural fit for some welding and cladding applications when compared with fibre laser technology. If you are interested in assessing different laser technologies Laser Lines can assist with trials to assess the suitability of specific laser technologies for a wide variety of applications.">DPSS